Thursday, January 17, 2013

Focus on the Negative


     I like to make sure that all my clients leave the negative energy at the door when they walk into my gym.  Although that's not the negative I am referring to in this blog.  The negative that I am talking about is the negative portion of your exercises.  So many individuals in the gym are simply missing this key component to their workouts and it may be causing them to miss out on a growth opportunity.  I challenge everyone to put more focus on the negative this week while in the gym. Count 3-4 seconds while lowering the weights. This can be done in any type of exercise from curls to any type of extension and the like.  Slowing down the exercise forces the body to engage slow-twich muscle fibers.  Plus, doing so can mix up any workout and help bust through those dreaded plateaus.


No comments:

Post a Comment